“A picture is worth a thousand words” is becoming increasingly true in a world of digital content marketing. Compelling visual content marketing is proven to increase followers, leads, clients, and revenue. It’s no surprise that humans are a very visual species: think about the last time you bought a bottle of wine, picked up a magazine, or even made your last purchase. Whether you are aware of it or not, 93% of human communication is non-verbal.
At Red Ivy, we believe that creativity can elevate a business on both a commercial and emotional level. We call it talking in black and white while thinking in colour.
Whether it’s in print or online, from business cards to billboards, logos to brochures, here are five reasons why professional graphic design is more important than you think:
1. Brand recognition – A company’s brand starts with a great logo, setting the tone for the entire business. Your logo should be professionally created and needs to target your consumers in a way that is functional and attractive at the same time. The brand should instantly connect your products or services with the audience.
2. First impressions matter – Every company needs to make a great first impression, and the first time a visitor interacts with your brand in any capacity will set the tone for the rest of your business relationship. Your logo and marketing collateral has only a fraction of a second to make this impression. A cheap design will have a negative impact on your company, and it is extremely difficult to change a consumer’s opinion after the first impression is made.
3. It conveys a message of credibility and professionalism – Professional graphic design extends beyond the company website and logo. It helps produce non-verbal aids to communicate your product or service to the consumer. Visually pleasing, professionally designed graphics will establish positive opinions about the professionalism and credibility of your brand. Presentation and perception can make or break any business. It’s crucial to present your brand in the best possible way by investing in quality graphic design.
4. Money – Badly designed graphics, spelling errors or poorly constructed content can be costly to correct. When opting for a cheap design, you may end up with a lackluster product or service that is not suitable for your brand, and you may have to spend more money on a new design. On the other hand, a professional graphic designer will create a product that is not too expensive for the positive return on investment it brings.
5. Your message matters – Above all, professional, well developed graphic design is vital for any business to tell their story. Whether you’re a sole trader selling your product on Etsy and eBay, or part of multi-million-dollar operation, your company has a story to tell. Persuasive graphic design communicates more than just words to your audience. Even simple design elements like font choice and colour scheme can help to portray an emotion or feeling that supports your message. While the message of all the graphics in your business will differ slightly, they should all tell the same story about your brand. Having a brand guide in place will help you and your team choose design elements that tell the same story and keep the look of your brand consistent.
At Red Ivy, we take pride in our work and believe in a design-led approach where we use research and strategy to uncover bold ideas and authentic concepts. We’re good at listening and take time to fully grasp our client’s personality and objectives, which helps develop long-term relationships where we continue to deliver world-class graphic design across different platforms.
Successful projects come from communication and understanding of what our clients expect, and for over 20 years we’ve helped our clients communicate with clarity and personality, to find their brand voice and talk to their audience in a memorable way with imagination, a sharp eye for detail and with soul.
About Deborah and Red Ivy Tactical Marketing Agency
Deborah Ievers is the owner of Red Ivy Tactical Marketing Agency based in Perth. She’s an AMI Certified Practising Marketer and AMI State Chair for WA. Deborah has authored several books and workbooks on Tactical Marketing and is passionate about Integrated Marketing Communications, Tactical Marketing & Brand Management.
Built on two decades of marketing experience and research, Red Ivy Tactical Marketing Agency is Australia’s first Tactical Marketing agency specialising in results-driven marketing. Results-driven marketing is achieved by developing action-based tactics with more emphasis on the activities needed to execute marketing plans to meet objectives while still addressing the strategic side of marketing.
The team at Red Ivy Tactical Marketing Agency are highly experienced in multiple industries including tourism, hospitality, retail, medical, and agricultural with proven expertise in the development of tactical brand & marketing plans, business & marketing strategies, visual & written communications, project impact mapping, and other proactive services.